Hey everyone – I’m Ryan Lisson, the founder of Zero to Hunt.
I help people learn how to hunt their own dinner.
I mean, that’s it in a nutshell…
LEARNING TO HUNT CAN BE REALLY HARD
If you’re like many who are learning to hunt as an adult (known as adult-onset hunting), you probably aren’t sure where to even begin.
With all the information online that speaks to an existing hunting crowd, it’s easy to feel lost or not quite satisfied with what you do find. And trying to interpret some of the jargon on many popular hunting websites may leave you feeling overwhelmed. Most of them make assumptions that you’re already familiar with hunting terminology and concepts.
But you may just be:
- confused about buying your first hunting weapon and gear;
- anxious about the emotions you might feel with taking an animal’s life; or
- scared to wander through the woods with a loaded firearm, especially if you’ve never used one before.
First, you should know that these emotions and genuine concerns are all completely valid and OK. You’re not a weirdo for feeling them.
The goal of this website is to provide a no-risk resource for new adult hunters to learn how to hunt. We’ll cover everything from how and where to look for wildlife to handling the emotions that go with hunting. I say no-risk in the sense that there’s nobody here to pass judgment on what someone does and does not know. We’re all learning to hunt together, but it’s at your own pace from the comfort of your home.
Here’s what I truly want for you…
- Grill your own free-range, organic venison steak.
- Enjoy a relaxing outlet from busy work schedules by recharging in the great outdoors.
- Spend time with family and friends in a fun and different way.
- Feel more confident in yourself, knowing you have the skills and grit it takes to hunt your own wild food.
These are very real outcomes you can have. It all starts here. Which path will you take?
Sign up for my newsletter at the top right to get free tips to help you learn to hunt this season.
Zero to Hunt is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. It doesn’t cost you a penny extra and I only recommend hunting gear I personally use and love. Your support allows me to continue writing meaningful content that will help you out.
See you inside and thanks for reading!