I’m Ryan Lisson, the founder of Zero to Hunt. If you’re new to the outdoors or are just learning to hunt, this is the page for you! It has the information you need to get up to speed and start your own adventure quickly. I’m thrilled you’re here!
Learning new skills is hard work. But it’s a lot harder by yourself. This is true for learning to hunt too. Wouldn’t it be so much easier for someone to walk you through it?
I’ve been hunting the Midwest my whole life. I’m a biological consultant by trade. And I’ve written hundreds of articles for the outdoor industry over the last several years. During that time, I’ve learned exactly what it takes for new adult hunters to get started hunting. I want to help you get there too.
If it’s your first time here, I know all the information can be overwhelming. So I’ve created this page (with some of my best resources) to help you get started right away.
My Newsletter and a FREE Hunting Gear Checklist
But before you get started on all the great information below, I’d like to invite you to subscribe to my newsletter. It is full of great information about learning to hunt and will notify you every time there’s a new blog post. You can unsubscribe at any point, but I think you’ll like it.
As a thank you, you’ll get a free hunting gear checklist to help you start your journey. Lots of other free and exclusive content will follow.
My Most Popular Posts
Alright, here’s what you came for, right? I have assembled my most popular posts about learning to hunt into various categories below. Bookmark this page and come back to it, as I will update it periodically.
- Learn to Hunt | Best Hunting Resources for New Adult Hunters
- Hunting Glossary | Decoding Confusing Deer Hunting Terms
- Hunting Glossary | Small Game Hunting Words
- How to Find a Hunting Partner for Next Season
- Hunting Equipment Recommendations for New Adult Hunters
- Archery Lessons Part 1 – Basic Archery Equipment
- Learning to Hunt | Part 1: How to Take Your Gun Safety Course
- Gun Buying Guide | How to Buy Your First Gun
Small Game Hunting
- Why You Should Try Ruffed Grouse Hunting
- Winter Squirrel Hunting
- How to Start Rabbit Hunting for New Hunters
- First Time Turkey Hunting Guide
Wild Game Food
Is there something you’d like me to include on this page? Let me know.